- Project Value: £34.1M
- Contract Duration: 96 Weeks
- Client: Ministry of Justice
- Contract Form: PPC 2000
- Lead Consultant: Atkins
The works comprise of the construction of a new cell house block [built to NOMS standards] within the confines of an existing, occupied and operational category B Prison, including the following phased works to various existing ancillary buildings:-
- Separate extensions for segregation, Education and Gym Buildings
- Refurbishment of the existing healthcare building, visitor’s facilities,
gatehouse, vocational training building and the creation of a mosque.
- Replacement of site wide services and external works to existing car park areas.
Before works commenced a major new secure access was formed in the perimeter wall to afford an access way for material deliveries and personal scanning.
A second accommodation block has been negotiated following the successful completion of this project.
Key Objectives / Challenges:
- Achieving BREEAM - 'Excellent' rating
- Fast track programme utilising modular construction
- Earlier start on site through framework and partnered agreement
- Rainwater harvesting
- Underfloor heating
- High frequency lighting